Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Must Force Myself to Blog


I still can't get any motivation to blog. There are a million things that I want to write, but I can't force myself to write them.


There was an episode of Seinfeld where George talked about getting a new position at work, one that had a lot more responsibility but not a lot more money. In the past few weeks I have found myself in a similar situation in my own job—more responsibility, but not much more money. I think that the additional responsibilities may be making it even harder than normal to make myself write anything. I hope, though, that the new responsibilities will only last for a few more weeks.


One thing that I can force myself to do is to gripe about elements of popular culture. The movie Grown Ups opens this weekend. It stars Adam Sandler, David Spade, Chris Rock, and Rob Schneider. There are also appearances by Colin Quinn, Tim Meadows, and Normal MacDonald as "Geezer". In terms of casting this is Saturday Night Live circa 1994. I don't think that I will see this movie, but I can't help wondering if it will stop in the middle for a musical guest and a comedy news segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment