Monday, April 23, 2012

One Word


I don't watch much prime time television.  The only three prime time shows that I watch on a regular basis are The Office, Parks and Recreation, and 30 Rock.  (Fortunately they are all broadcast on the same network on the same night.)

I noticed something while watching the April 12 episode of 30 Rock.  Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin) was told that his mother had been fitted with a heart pump. He replied that it was the the same kind of pump that "my good friend Dick Cheney had".  But the word had sounded a little off.  I imagine that the phrase was originally "my good friend Dick Cheney has", because the show had presumably been taped prior to Cheney's March 24 heart transplant.  And that one word had to be changed in post-production to keep the show's story seemingly up to date.  

I'm probably not the only person to have noticed this.  But I am too lazy to do the research necessary to find out.  

If nothing else, though, I have learned that the name Cheney is not accepted by my computer's spellcheck feature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment