Thursday, October 25, 2012

Now It Is Late October, and We Think of Halloween


Fall continues to, um, fall.  We have moved from the era in which Carly Rae Jepsen sang "Call Me Maybe" to the era in which Carly Rae Jepsen and Owl City sing "Good Time".  And Halloween will be here soon.  I have covered my feelings about Halloween on this blog many times before.  I still can't help feeling that, because it's Halloween, something cool should happen.  And it never does.  It's not as if I'll look out the window and see Nyarlathotep. (Or maybe you're not down with Nyarlathotep.  Insert your preferred Halloween horror.)

I get the same feeling in the summer.  It's summer.  Something cool should happen.  I don't know what.  But something should happen.  And it never does. 

As last year, I want to write a blog entry about the semi-comedic and semi-pathetic story of the last time that I went to a Halloween party, back in 2001.  But, as last year, I don't think that I'll have the energy to actually do it.  

Anyway, if you get the chance, sat hi to Nyarlathotep for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment