Sunday, October 28, 2018

The Osteology of Decorative Plastic Halloween Skeletons, Part 5: The Home Depot Triceratops


I hadn’t intended to return to this series from last year (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4), but then I was in Home Depot, and I noticed some Triceratops skeletons.  The ones that I saw were lacking at least half of their tails.  And so I thought that it was time to spring back into action critiquing the scientific accuracy of, well, decorative plastic Halloween skeletons.

But then I found the item pictured online (available for $19.98), and it has an almost complete tail, except for the smallest vertebrae at the end, which might be too fragile for something like this.



Other than missing some bones in the pelvic region (and of course the LED-illuminated eyes) this Triceratops skeleton is actually pretty accurate.  

I therefore assume that the ones that I saw in the store were broken.  

Or perhaps they had their tails severed in combat with the Home Depot Tyrannosaurus.



No comments:

Post a Comment