Sunday, October 27, 2019

Introducing a New Year of Halloween Skeletons


The Halloween season is here again, the time of year when it feels as if there should be some cool adventure to be had.  I don’t know exactly what it would be.  A full zombie apocalypse might be too much to ask, but something should happen.  And of course it never does.   

Also it is the spooky time of year when the days are overtaken by darkness, and I am again inspired to undertake my unrealized dream of writing fiction, particularly some sort of fantastical horror.  And sometimes I’ll get an idea, or even start to write something, but it never works out, because I lack storytelling ability.      

And again I find myself critiquing the scientific accuracy of fake animal skeletons used as Halloween decorations.  On would think that after two years and seven installments, I would run out of material.  But I keep finding more (mostly) wonky skeletons.  Using fake skeletons, both human and animal, in Halloween decorating has become a huge trend; indeed, in 2017, the year in which I started this series, the Wall Street Journal had an article on the popularity of such decorative skeletons. 


Here are links for the series from the past two years:









The Graveyard of Decorative Plastic Halloween Skeletons (not technically part of the series, but related)





No comments:

Post a Comment