Thursday, April 16, 2020

Plague Year Listening


I am in my 4th or 5th or 27th or perhaps 118th week of working at home due to the pandemic, and I don’t like it.  I don’t like the pandemic, of course, but I also don’t like working at home.  I don’t have the self-discipline to do it effectively, and more and more it gives me the feeling that work has completely taken over my life.  

As I work, I have been listening to some items from my decidedly non-eclectic music collection.  In general I’ve been focusing on some of the more obscure elements, like solo albums and other things that I don’t normally hear, but some more significant elements have crept in as well.

And, for no good reason, I am putting a list of what I’ve been listening to on the blog:

Huey Lewis and the News Hard at Play
Ric Ocasek This Side of Paradise
Mark Knopfler The Princess Bride
Jim Capaldi Fierce Heart
Mike Rutherford Smallcreep’s Day
Yes Big Generator
Bruce Springsteen Tunnel of Love
Keith Emerson Band featuring Marc Bonilla Keith Emerson Band featuring Marc Bonilla
Tony Banks A Curious Feeling
David Gilmour David Gilmour
The Doors Morrison Hotel
Huey Lewis and the News Huey Lewis and the News
Pete Townshend All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes
The Cars Candy-O
Genesis Duke
Robert Palmer Riptide
Eric Clapton Journeyman
Mark Knopfler Golden Heart
Steve Winwood Arc of a Diver
Jethro Tull Thick as a Brick
Bruce Springsteen Darkness on the Edge of Town
Pink Floyd The Division Bell
The Who Quadrophenia
The Doors The Soft Parade
Traffic Mr. Fantasy
Steve Hackett Cured
Van Halen OU812
Dire Straits On Every Street



No comments:

Post a Comment