Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A New Case of Celebrity Confusion


I spent most of last week thinking that Saturday Night Live would be hosted by Shia LaBeouf.  On Friday night, when I started to actually pay attention to ads for the show, I found out that the host was Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I have developed another case of celebrity confusion, in the manner of my Ed Helms-Jason Sudeikis confusion

There was a time when I would never have confused the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun with the kid from Even Stevens. But somehow, in the last few years, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Shia LaBeouf turned into the same person, at least in my mind.  I can't explain it, though they do kind of look alike, and they are former child actors who are now starring in major movies, so maybe that does explain it.  

I have occasionally confused the title 3rd Rock from the Sun with the title 30 Rock, although the shows themselves are nothing alike. 

And up until a few years ago, when I would hear that Shia LaBeouf was going to appear on a talk show, I would expect to see one of the daughters from The Cosby Show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment