Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Random Observations (September 4, 2012)


1) It has been announced that the upcoming season of The Office will be the last. The Office is one of only three prime time shows that I watch on a regular basis; one of the other two, 30 Rock, will also be ending after this season.  This will be the ninth season of The Office, which is a pretty good run for a comedy series, so I can't complain too much on that front.  What does worry me is that the producers plan to "do justice to the existing characters in the most creative and explosive way" and "blow up things and take some chances", which makes me think that they will ruin the show.  

2) In reference to my last "Random Observations" post, I need to issue a retraction. Taylor Swift is not moving to a mansion in Hyannis Port, and I need to stay away from the celebrity gossip, so that I don't have to issue retractions. 

3) Also from my last "Random Observations" post, I would like to reiterate the part about the toothpaste, because I feel that it has been underappreciated.

4) Ten years ago, who would have thought that Britney Spears would be having a conversation (using something called "Twitter") with a robot probe exploring Mars? Or, more accurately, that Britney Spears would be having a conversation with someone from NASA pretending to be a robot probe exploring Mars? Or, perhaps, that someone from Britney Spears' management team pretending to be Britney Spears would be having a conversation with someone from NASA pretending to be a robot probe exploring Mars? At this point I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say.  

5) I need to find some new topics about which to make random observations, other than shallow pop-culture television and music news.


No comments:

Post a Comment